Last Updated: May 25th, 2023
Mantis Funding LLC, together with its affiliates Crest Hill Capital LLC, and Money Matters Now LLC (each a “Mantis Party” and collectively, “Mantis”) is a financial technology company that provides working capital to small and medium-size businesses nationwide.
Table of Contents
Categories of Information We Collect
Sources of Information We Collect
Purpose for Collecting Information
How We Disclose Your Information
Retention and Storage of Your Information
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Use of Services by Underage Individuals
Changes to Your Information
Links to Other Sites
Visiting Our Websites from outside the United States
How We Respond to “do not track” Signals
Additional Rights for Nevada Residents
Additional Rights for California Residents
1. Categories of Information We Collect
When you contact us on behalf of your business or otherwise use the Services on behalf of a business, information you share might be categorized as business information under certain applicable laws.
If you would like to see a description of the categories of information we collect described in accordance with the categories required under California law please go to the “Additional Rights for California Residents”.
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may collect, directly and indirectly, certain information about you and your business. We have grouped the type of information we collect together as follows:
- Identity and Contact Data, such as your name, phone number, e-mail address, job title, date of birth, usernames or other account login details and social security number.
- Business and Financial Information, such as:
- Business name, type, address, email, URL, telephone number, company structure, years in business, industry type, ownership information, and date of incorporation) or similar identifiers;
- Credit reports and history, and other information relating to your creditworthiness and the creditworthiness of your business;
- Bank statements and account information;
- Financial, tax, and transactional information including tax id number; and
- Revenue and sources of revenue of your business.
- Marketing and Communications Data, such as your preferences in receiving services, marketing or other communications from us, inquiries, contact or other information you choose to provide during your use of the Services and recordings of our conversations with you.
- Technical Data, such as:
- Pages you viewed on our Website;
- The website from which you visited our Websites;
- Information about the equipment used to access our Websites;
- Your internet protocol (IP) address;
- Your internet service provider;
- Browser type and version;
- Time zone, setting and location;
- City, state and country from which you linked to our Websites
- Browser plug-in types and versions;
- The date and time of your visit to our Websites
- Device brand, model, and name
- Operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the Websites.
2. Sources of Information We Collect
We collect Information from the following sources:
From You. We may collect Information from you when you fill out forms on our Websites, complete an Application, or otherwise use our Websites or communicate with us through email, mail, text, or telephone.
Indirectly from Third Parties Acting on Your Behalf. We may receive Information from a third party on your behalf. For example an ISO may submit a Funding Application to us on your behalf. We may also collect information from third parties to make determinations for funding eligibility, perform analyses, and assess risks related to your potential financing. If you are approved for funding, we also collect information throughout the life of our business relationship with you in order to do analysis and to assess risks associated with your financing. Third parties from whom we may have received your personal and business information include:
- Independent Sales Organizations.
- Financial entities with whom you maintain accounts.
- Referral partners and Independent Sales Agents.
- Identify verification services.
- Consumer reporting agencies.
- Commercial credit bureaus and associates.
- Fraud prevention Agencies.
Indirectly from Third Parties for Marketing Purposes. We may purchase your information from third parties in order to contact you about funding opportunities.
From a Mantis Party. One Mantis Party may receive information from another Mantis Party with whom you have interacted either directly or indirectly, in order to provide you with funding opportunities. For instance, if MF received a Funding Application on your behalf, we may share that with CHC or MMN so that they can inform you of additional funding opportunities. Similarly, CHC or MMN may share your information with MF so that MF can consider the possibility of offering you funding opportunities.
From our Service Providers. We may receive Information you share with our Service Providers when you do business with us. For instance, if your account is in default, you may work directly with collections partners who will in turn share Information with us.
3. Purpose for Collecting Information
- To present our Websites and their contents to you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Websites.
- To notify you about changes to our Websites or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To evaluate your Application.
- Performing Services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing client service, verifying client information, providing you with notices about your account, processing payments, providing funding, providing analytic services, and collections.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, our financing partners, and including for collection purposes.
- Short term transient use.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- Helping to ensure and improve security and integrity of our Services including:
- detecting security incidents;
- debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- To verify your identity, conduct appropriate diligence, and keep your information current.
- To prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, including suspected fraud.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To monitor, measure, and improve the performance and functionality of our Services.
- To compile and generate data analytics reports to better understand you and to improve the user experience and our Services.
- To undertake internal research for technological development.
- To understand, personalize, and enhance your experience with Mantis.
- To contact you about our Services.
- Managing our relationships with current or prospective clients, vendors, financing partners, and other business partner personnel.
- To share your Application with funding partners, including other Mantis Parties.
- Providing advertising and marketing services.
- To improve our marketing and promotional efforts and product offerings.
4. How We Disclose Your Information
We may disclose your Information to the following parties:
- Service Providers. We may share your Information with our agents, contractors, and other service providers in connection with their work on our behalf (collectively “Service Providers”) including internet service providers, analytics providers, social networks, collection service providers, fraud prevention providers, customer relationship management (CRM) providers, professional services providers, and other businesses that may provide Mantis with various services. We note that some of these Service Providers may use your Information to perform their duties using their own systems, including SaaS applications in their own cloud environments.
- Funders. If you submit a Funding Application we may share your information with other companies which purchase receivables or provide revenue based financing or other business funding (such funders, including MF and other third-party funding providers, collectively, “Funders”) for the purpose of presenting you with additional funding opportunities.
- Between Mantis Parties. Money Matters Now LLC (“MMN”) and Crest Hill Capital LLC (“CHC”) may share your Information and Documents with Mantis Funding LLC, if you submit an Application with either MMN or CHC. Similarly, MF may share the Information and Documents it receives about you in connection with an Application with MMN or CHC so that they may assist you with Funding Applications and opportunities.
- Capital Providers. In the regular course of its ongoing business, Mantis may itself accept investments of capital from related or third parties, including without limitation banks, lenders, and revolving credit facilities. In the course of Mantis’s dealings with such finance parties, it may be required to disclose your Information and Documents in connection with their due diligence, security, and the servicing of their investment.
- Business Transfer. We may sell, divest, or transfer Mantis or any one of the Mantis Parties (including any ownership interests in a Mantis Party), or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. The information you provide to us or we collect from or about you may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of Mantis or any Mantis Party.
- Feedback, Testimonials, and User Provided Content. If you provide feedback or testimonials relating to the Services we may post and share this feedback, testimonial or other user provided content, on the Services, with partners, or in marketing and promotional materials. We may, in our sole discretion, edit feedback, testimonials or user provided content for length and content. California residents have additional rights as set forth in “Additional Disclosures for California Residents” and below.
- Enforcement of Rights. We may disclose your Information as necessary to enforce or apply our rights under agreements we have with you and other agreements, including for invoicing and collection purposes.
- Security, Compliance with Law. We may disclose your Information as we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. We also may share your information in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, including suspected fraud, or as otherwise required by law. We may also share your information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, the Services or any person or party.
- Consent. We may share your Information for any other business or commercial purposes disclosed to you and with your consent.
We may also share aggregated information which does not identify you or de-identified information about you with other parties or affiliates for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
5. Retention and Storage of Your Information
Your Information collected through the Services may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Mantis or its subsidiaries, affiliates or service providers maintain facilities including across borders to other countries or jurisdictions around the world.
We retain Information as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The necessity of retaining the Information to fullfil the purposes for which it was collected (which may include satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements)
- The terms of the agreement with you.
- The nature and length of the Services we are providing.
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
6. Cookies and Similar Technologies
A cookie is a small file, often including a unique identifier, which is sent to your browser from a website and placed on the hard drive of your computer.
We use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our Websites. A session cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your browser’s help file.
We set a persistent cookie to store your passwords, so you don’t have to enter it more than once. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Websites. If you choose to turn off cookies on your computer, you may be unable to access certain parts of our Websites.
Pages of our Websites and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company to gather Websites statistics, including but not limited to counting users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail. Other examples include but are not limited to recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity. We may tie this information to Information about you that we collect from other sources or that you provide to us.
We also use Google Analytics to collect information such your use of our Websites. You may opt out of Google Analytics by using the browser add-on provided by Google, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
7. Use of Services by Underage Individuals
Our Websites are not intended for children under eighteen years of age. We do not knowingly collect Information from children under the age of eighteen. If you are under eighteen, do not use or provide any information on our Websites or provide any Information to us. If we learn we have collected or received Information from a child under eighteen, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that Information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under eighteen, please contact us as set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us”.
8. Changes to Your Information
If you believe any Information we have about you is inaccurate, please firstname.lastname@example.org us to request that we correct or delete any inaccurate Information that we have received. We will not accommodate a request if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement, cause the Information to be incorrect, or materially hinder our ability to provide you with services or collect an outstanding balance.
9. Marketing Communications
You may receive e-mail marketing communications from us if you have requested information or used our Services, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links in any marketing message sent to you, or by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that opting out of marketing communications does not opt you out of receiving important business communications, such as security updates or service announcements.
10. Links to Other Sites
11. Visiting Our Websites from Outside the United States
12. How We Respond to “do not track” Signals
We take reasonable measures to help protect Information against loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no system is perfectly secure or guaranteed to be free from unauthorized use or access. Before submitting any information through the Websites or to our Services, please be aware of these inherent risks and know that you do so at your own risk.
15. Contact Us
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (877) 494-1499
- Address: 2700 N Military Trl Suite 450
Boca Raton, FL 33431
ADDITIONAL RIGHTS FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS
Nevada residents have the right to request to opt out of any “sale” of their covered information. We do not currently sell covered information under Nevada law; however, you may still request to opt out of the future sale of your Information. If you are a Nevada resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com and provide “Nevada Privacy Rights” in the subject line. You must include your full name, email address, and postal address in your request so that we can verify your Nevada residence and respond. In the event we sell your information after the receipt of your request, we will make reasonable efforts to comply with such request.
ADDITIONAL RIGHTS FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Last Updated: May 25th, 2023
1. Information We Collect
As part of providing funding to small and medium-sized businesses, Mantis collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes information collected by Mantis via any medium, including online and offline, directly and indirectly.
Personal Information does not include:
- Publicly available information, which includes information made available from government records information that a business has a reasonable basis to believe is lawfully available to the general public, either through widely distributed media, or by the consumer; and information that is made available by a person to whom the consumer has disclosed the information if the consumer has not restricted the information to a specific audience.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, including but not limited to:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA), clinical trial data, or other qualifying research data;
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA); and
- The Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
2. Collection of Personal Information
The following chart details which categories of Personal Information about California residents we plan to collect, as well as which categories of Personal Information we have collected and disclosed for our operational business purposes in the preceding 12 months. It also details the purposes for which we may use (and may have used during the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this California Privacy Statement) the categories of Personal Information listed above.
|Categories of Personal Information Collect||Sources||Disclosed||Purpose|
We do not “sell” Personal Information, including Sensitive Personal Information, and we do not “share” Personal Information, including Sensitive Personal Information, for purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising, as defined under the CCPA. We have not engaged in such activities in the preceding 12 months.
3. Purposes for the Collection and Use of Sensitive Personal Information
We may use Sensitive Personal Information for purposes of performing Services including reviewing Applications, ensuring security and integrity, short term transient use, servicing accounts, providing customer service, verifying Merchant and ISO information, processing payments, enforcing our agreement, and activities relating to quality and safety control or product improvement.
We do not use or disclose (and have not used or disclosed during the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this California Privacy Statement) “sensitive personal information” (as defined under the CCPA) for any purpose other than those expressly permitted under the CCPA. To the extent we process deidentified information, we will maintain and use the information in deidentified form and will not attempt to reidentify the information unless permitted by applicable law.
4. Retention of Personal Information
5. Your Rights as a California Resident
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. If you are a California resident you may, subject to certain limitaitons under applicable law, have the following rights:
- Right to Know. You have the right to know and see what Personal Information we have collected about you over the past 12 months including:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting your Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your Personal Information;
- If we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information we have collected from you (and direct our service providers to do the same). Once we have verified your request, we will review your request to see if an exception allowing us to retain the information applies.
- Right to Correction. You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate Personal Information that we maintain about you.
- Right to Portability. You have the right to request that we provide you with the specific pieces of your Personal Information, including a copy in a portable format.
- Right to Opt-Out. You have the right to opt-out from the “sale” or “sharing” of your Personal Information with third parties who are not our service providers (as those terms are defined under California law. Please Note: We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
- Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information. You have the right to limit our use of sensitive Personal Information for any purposes other than to provide the Services you request or as otherwise permitted by law.
- Right to Non Discrimination. You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights listed above.
To exercise the rights set forth above, please submit a request to Mantis in any of the following ways:
- Emailing : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calling: (877) 494-1499
- Mailing a request to:
Mantis Funding LLC
2700 N Military Trl Suite 450
Boca Raton, FL 33431
You can designate an authorized agent to make a request to exercise your rights under California law on your behalf. In order to do that, please provide the agent with written permission, signed by you, authorizing the agent to submit the request on your behalf. The agent must submit that written permission along with the request. We will contact you to verify your identity — and the authorized agent’s permission — before a response to the request is sent.
In certain instances, your request (or the request of your agent) may be denied as required or permitted by law.
6. Record of Requests
We keep a record of requests that we received from California residents.
7. Shine the Light Law